Depression is a serious illness that affects us negatively about how we feel, the way we think as well as how we act. Some major symptoms of depression include hopelessness, anxiety, fatigue, no interest in working, changes in patterns of sleep and so on. If this is the case with you, then it is necessary to take help.
People describe depression as “living in a black hole” or having a feeling of impending doom, others feel lifeless, empty, and apathetic. Men in particular can feel angry and restless. However, you experience depression, left untreated it can become a serious health condition. But it’s important to remember that feelings of helplessness and hopelessness are symptoms of depression. Treatment of depression can prevent the issue from becoming worse and eliminates the symptoms of depression to a great extent. If you are in need of free depression counseling in San Antonio, then ensure to choose the best one as it’s a matter of your health.
Signs of Depression
- Loss of interest in daily activities- One tends to feel pretty dis-interested towards former hobbies, pastimes, social activities, or sex.
- Appetite or weight changes- One experiences significant weight loss or weight gain while battling with mental depression.
- Sleep changes- Sleeping disorders like insomnia, especially waking in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping are common.
- Self-loathing- Strong feelings of worthlessness or guilt. You harshly criticize yourself for perceived faults and mistakes.
- Concentration problems- Trouble focusing, making decisions, or remembering things.
- Unexplained aches and pains- An increase in physical complaints such as headaches, back pain, aching muscles, and stomach pain.
Habits like eating a proper diet as well as exercise can prevent issues of depression to a great extent. Practices like yoga and meditation can also reduce levels of stress and can enhance one’s mood.
Time for Assistance
If a person is suffering from depression, then support from family and friends and positive lifestyle changes are important, but most of the time it is not enough and one is in need of medication or counseling from a mental health professional.
Depression anxiety treatment therapy is an effective treatment for depression. It often includes consulting a therapist who can help you in treating depression from a variety of angles and helps to provide the treatments that will not let the situation re-occur.
A counselor can assist an individual in identifying depressive patterns of thinking that have unconstructive distortions. This will help a person to think realistically.
The Last Resort
Medication is imperative if you’re feeling suicidal or violent. It can help relieve symptoms of depression in some people but it isn’t a permanent cure and is not a long-term solution. Anti-depressing pills often have side-effects. It is because of this reason they are not prescribed until the situation gets to a critical juncture.
Depression is a major issue that is because of the change in the lifestyle of the people. If one is experiencing the symptoms of depression from a long time then it’s important to seek the help of a professional counselor to get rid of depression issues. A depression therapy treatment plan in Life Balance Therapy can work wonders for an individual who is battling with mental depression and helping him gaining normalcy.